"In March, Congress passed—and the President signed—the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, a $2 trillion economic relief package intended to support American businesses and individuals economically burdened by the coronavirus pandemic. A provision of the law includes sending economic impact payments to eligible Americans.
The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), U.S. Department of the Treasury, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), and the United States Secret Service (USSS) urge all Americans to be on the lookout for criminal fraud related to these economic impact payments—particularly fraud using coronavirus lures to steal personal and financial information, as well as the economic impact payments themselves—and for adversaries seeking to disrupt payment efforts.
To report an IRS-related coronavirus scam, visit the IRS Impersonation Scam Reporting webpage."
For more information, visit www.cisa.gov.
IF YOU BELIEVE YOU HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO THE COVID-19 VIRUS, PLEASE CALL THE BANK BRANCH OFFICE FOR US TO ARRANGE REMOTE ASSISTANCE WITH YOUR TRANSACTION.
How to call to make an appointment:
For additional assistance:
Thursday, March 12, 2020
Be Vigilant. Be Prepared.
In our branches and offices…
- We are routinely and frequently cleaning and disinfecting surface areas at teller counters, check writing desks, night deposit drop boxes, ATM machines, call buttons and canisters at drive-through windows, and door handles throughout the day. Hand sanitizer is continuously made available, and proactive hygiene recommendations are routinely reinforced. We highly encourage customers and employees to use the CDC’s recommended preventive actions of frequent handwashing and the use of hand sanitizer, especially after handling cash.
Throughout our company, we’re proactively reviewing our Business Continuity plans…
- To ensure we operate our branches and operations teams without service interruption, we are actively updating and preparing our readiness plans should more proactive and preventive measures need to be implemented.
We encourage all our customers to take advantage of BankSouth’s self-service banking tools…
- Enroll in BankSouth Online Banking to review transactions, check balances, make payments, deposit checks, and more.
- Download the Mobile Banking app for banking convenience from your phone
- Use Telephone Banking (706) 453-1000 or Toll Free 1-866-629-2687
- Pay bills remotely using Online Bill Pay
- Convert to E-Statements
- Access ATM Banking or Drive-Through Tellers where available
- Consider using Remote Deposit Capture for your business