Page has no category
National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
October is National Cybersecurity Awareness Month.
National Cybersecurity Awareness Month (NCSAM) is a collaborative effort between the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the National Cybersecurity Alliance. Observed each year in October, this initiative provides the nation with the resources needed to stay safer and more secure online.
- Update your devices with the latest security software systems and browsers.
- Use a complex passphrase and multi-factor authentication.
- Delete apps you no longer use.
- Shop at secure sites. Look for web addresses with https://, which provide extra security to secure your information.
- Be aware of phishing. Don’t open emails and links from suspicious sources.
- Manage your privacy settings on your devices, accounts, and applications.
- Avoid logging into accounts with sensitive information when using public networks.
NATIONAL CYBERSECURITY ALLIANCE RESOURCES: